When introducing new colours to your home décor, you don’t have to limit yourself to painting your walls or floors. Consider painting accent colours in these surprising spots to bring in some pops of colour in your home:
- You Closet Walls – Although most closets are filled to the brim with clothes more often than not, give a pop of colour inside for an unexpected and colourful twist.
- Your Doors Edges and/or Interior Side – It’s completely fine if you want a white or varnished door, but if you’re looking to up your door game a bit, consider painting the edges, the interior side, or both. And they don’t necessarily have to be in the same colour.
- The Inside of an Antique Chest – Although leaving your vintage chest word and weathered on the outside is great, consider painting the inside to bring some life.
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Interior – If your kitchen is predominantly white and you’re looking to jazz it up a bit, add some colour inside your organisers. Gavin Chan Decorators Limited and other house painters in Wellington noted that this would look particularly stunning if you display white dishes against it.
- Your Desk Drawers’ Interior – If your office desk at home is plain white (which is understandable for a more conducive work environment), you may want to shake things up a bit for times when you need some colour to spark your artistic juices. Paint the inside of your drawers and leave the outside as it is.
- Your Bookcase’s Back Panels – The easiest way to showcase your book collection is to paint the back panels. This would especially look great if your bookcase is white.
- Your Window Trim – If you don’t use blinds or curtains, or want some colour when you open your window treatments, simply paint the trim.
- Around your Dresser Drawers – Update your basic dresser by painting a colour or two on all its surfaces, with the exception of the front section.
Adding colour in your home need not be hard. Introducing some accent colours in unexpected areas in your home is an excellent way to update a space and make it feel more personalised. Now all you have to do is pick which colours you want to use.